Call Us Today:
How To Say Goodbye To Cavities?
Cavities are caused by a mixture of several unhealthy issues like frequent snacking, smoking, drinking, sugary drinks and not cleaning your teeth perfectly. Cavities are common across all ages of people from children, infants, teenagers to older adults. If untreated, cavities can lead to an infection, severe tooth loss and toothache. Regular practice of good brushing and flossing can be the best approach in protecting against cavities and tooth decay.
Some signs and symptoms
- Brown, black, or white staining on the surface of tooth
- Sharp pain when drinking cold or hot drinks and eating sweet
- Tooth toothache and sensitivity
- Visible holes and pits in teeth
- You feel pain when you bite down
The major factors that can increase risk of getting cavities
- Certain foods and drinks: milk, honey, sugar, soda, ice cream, dried fruit, cookies, hard candy and mints, cake, dry cereal, and chips cause decay.
- Generally, tooth decay happens in your molar and premolar teeth as the location of these teeth is very difficult to keep clean than frontal teeth.
- If you don’t brush and floss your teeth properly every day, plaque may develop suddenly and the initial stages of tooth decay can start.
Some tips to help prevent cavities
- Ask about antibacterial treatments.
- Avoid frequent sipping and snacking.
- Brush with a fluoride toothpaste twice a day.
- Consider fluoride treatments.
- Eat tooth-healthy foods.
- Rinse your mouth clearly.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
If you are not aware that a cavity is forming, consult your dentist immediately if you experience a mouth pain or toothache. Schedule an appointment for Professional Teeth Whitening in Albuquerque by calling (505) 247-8005 or by mailing to [email protected]