Call Us Today:
Best Way To Care For Your Removable Dentures
Proper care is always necessary for removable partial or full dentures to keep them clean and free from stains.
For Good Denture Care
- Remove & Rinse Dentures After Eating: Wash dentures with water to remove food debris and other loose particles. Be careful during washing your dentures. Be sure that you don’t bend or damage the plastic or clasps of dentures while cleaning. Clean your cheeks and tongue of mouth by using a soft-bristled toothbrush on natural teeth.
- Brush Your Dentures at Least Daily: Remove and gently clean your dentures daily. Food, plaque, and other deposits are removed by soaking and brushing dentures with a soft-bristled brush and non-abrasive denture cleanser. Don’t use denture cleansers inside your mouth.
- Soak Dentures Overnight: Most types of dentures need to stay moist to keep their original shape. Place the dentures in water or a mild denture-soaking solution overnight. Check with your dentist about the proper storing procedure of keeping dentures overnight. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on cleaning and soaking solutions.
- Clean Dentures Thoroughly: Rinse dentures before putting them back in your mouth, especially if using the denture-soaking solution which contains harmful chemicals that cause vomiting, pain or burns if swallowed.
- Schedule Regular Dental Checkups: Visit our dentist to examine and professionally clean your dentures. Our dentist can instruct you that how to keep and fit dentures properly and how to prevent slippage and discomfort of dentures. Always check the inside of your mouth to make sure it’s a healthy state.
- Contact Our Dentist: See our dentist promptly if your dentures become loose. Loose dentures can cause irritation, sores, and infection.
New Age Dentistry can help you get or keep your healthy smile. We will help you to lead healthy dental hygiene habits throughout your life with routine checkups and dental care services.
Contact us to get started with removable dentures in Albuquerque. We’ll be happy to answer any of your questions about dental care.