Call Us Today:
Facts You Need to Know About Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment in Albuquerque is used to remove nerves from the pulp of a tooth. It is not painful but a pain-relieving treatment. Once the treatment is complete, it is essential to have a permanent restoration with a cap or a crown.
Three steps of Root canal treatment
1.Cleaning the Root Canal
Initially, the dentist cleans everything that is inside the root canal. With the support of anesthesia, the dentist creates a small access hole on the surface of the tooth and cleans the dead and diseased pulp tissue with very small files.
2.Filling the Root Canal
Once the dentist cleans and decontaminates the hole, the dentist fills the teeth with a rubber-like material, using an adhesive cement to seal the canals completely. After root canal therapy, the patient will no longer feel any pain in that tooth.
3.Adding a Crown or Filling
In the final step, there should be crowning as the patient like to bite and chew on the tooth. Once there is a crown, the patient can use the crowned tooth just like natural teeth.
To prevent teeth infections, gum disease, and tooth decay, dentists recommend:
- Attending regular dental cleanings and checkups
- Avoiding sugary drinks and foods to follow a healthy diet.
- Brushing at least twice per day
- Brushing with a correct toothbrush and replacing every three months
- Using a kind of toothpaste which contains fluoride
- Using dental sealants that can also prevent decay.